Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
Billed as one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, the second installment
Billed as one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, the second installment of Carl Froch vs. Cheap Patriots Jerseys . George Groves has the ingredients of a classic. Now it just has to live up to the expectations. Saturdays fight for Frochs IBF and WBA super-middleweight titles will take place at Wembley Stadium in front of a record British boxing crowd of about 80,000 fans. It features an established champion against a young pretender and a score to settle after a controversial first fight. The rematch has been a promoters dream because of the dramatic first fight in Manchester last November. The 36-year-old Froch -- arguably Britains top boxer of the past five years -- was knocked down in the first round and exposed for more than half the bout by an upstart 11 years his junior. In the ninth round, Froch finally landed some meaningful punches of his own to leave Groves wobbling, but the challenger was still on his feet when the referee stepped in to end the fight. With the crowd howling in derision, it was an unfortunate way to end a memorable fight. It was no surprise that the IBF ordered a rematch after Groves made a complaint, and the clamour for Froch-Groves II was already irresistible. There will be unfinished business in London, with Groves intent on sending Froch into retirement. "Weve been working on left hooks," Groves said Thursday. "We know the left hook will work and it will be the left hook that finishes Carl Froch on Saturday." Froch was riled by the in-your-face approach of Groves during the buildup to the Manchester fight, but he clearly underestimated his rival. He ended the fight with a bruised and puffy face, his reputation slightly damaged but still with a win on his record. Robert McCracken, Frochs trainer, revealed after the fight that he knew Froch would have trouble with Groves awkward style and fast start. Groves dominated the centre of the ring, hounding Froch, and will look to do the same again on Saturday. "I gave him the advantage in the first fight, allowed him to get comfortable and let his shots go," said Froch, who has a 32-2 record, including losses to Mikkel Kessler and Andre Ward, and is contesting his 12th world title fight. "I took too many steps back but I wont be taking a backward step in this fight." Groves was jeered into the ring in Manchester and cheered out of it after his gutsy performance, which couldnt prevent a first loss in 20 professional fights. On Saturday, hell be fighting in his home city and will likely be the fans favourite. The fight has captured the British publics imagination, so much so that Wembley -- the home of English football -- was regarded as the only setting big enough to satisfy demand. The old Wembley hosted an unforgettable fight between Muhammad Ali and Henry Cooper in 1963. The last fight at Wembley was in 1995, when Frank Bruno beat Oliver McCall in a 12-round unanimous decision to capture the world heavyweight title. Many members of Englands World Cup squad will be present. As will Zara Phillips, the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, and her rugby-playing husband Mike Tindall. Its considered the biggest grudge match in British boxing since the days of the Nigel Benn-Chris Eubank rivalry in the early 1990s. "Its got that air about it, the air of importance," Froch said. "With it being at the national stadium its obviously big. This is by far the biggest fight of my unbelievable career. "Its giving me the motivation and giving me the apprehension I need to perform at my best." Cheap New England Patriots Jerseys .Mallais and his team out of Saint John defeated James Grattan 5-4 in Fredericton.The 2015 Tim Hortons Brier from Feb. Wholesale Patriots Jerseys . - Their offence is underperforming. http://www.cheappatriotsjerseyselite.com/ . The turf is scheduled to give way to actual grass that is bright green, so we dont have to complain any more—we just have to wait a few years. Instead, do feel free to complain if the roof is closed for any reason other than to allow a game to be played.San Antonio, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - On a night where Kobe Bryant could have passed the great Michael Jordan on the NBAs all-time scoring list, it was Nick Young who bailed the Los Angeles Lakers out against the defending champs. Youngs desperation 3-pointer with 7.4 seconds left in overtime lifted the Lakers to a 112-110 win over the San Antonio Spurs on Friday. I have more confidence in him making those shots when guys are draped all over him, Bryant said of Youngs 3-pointer. Young finished with a team-high 29 points off the bench and Bryant added 22 points with nine assists in Los Angeles second straight win. Bryant entered the game 31 points shy of passing Jordan (32,292) for third place on the all-time scoring list. Tim Duncan, who needed 15 points to pass Jerry West for 18th on the all-time scoring list, paced the Spurs with 19 points and 18 rebounds. Manu Ginobili and Corey Joseph had 18 and 16 points, respectively, in the setback. Joseph played the entire fourth quarter and overtime in place of Tony Parker, who returned to the lineup after a three-game absence due to a hamstring injury. Parker was limited to five points in just 17 minutes of action. The more experience I get, the more confident I get, Joseph said. Im just confident out there doing me. The Spurs harassed Bryant in the fourth quarter and overtime, making sure to keep a couple of defenders in his area when he had the ball. Bryant, who scored just three points in the fourth quarter and none in overtime, had a pair of assists to Jordan Hill midway through overtime period, then found Carlos Boozer inside to make it 109-106 with 1:47 on the clock. San Antonio answered, however, as Duncan converted back-to-back layups to give the Spurs their first lead since the second quarter. Ginobili committed a turnover with 31.5 seconds left to give the Lakers another chance for the lead.dddddddddddd The Los Angeles offense was stagnant throughout most of the possession, but Young hit a contested trey right in front of Ginobili. Ginobilis 3-pointer was short on the ensuing Spurs possession and the clock ran out as San Antonio grabbed the loose ball. (We have) a target on our back, added Joseph. Were trying to defend a championship right now and everybody knows that. They took it to us today. Duncans patented bank shot moved him past West late in the fourth and cut the deficit to 96-92 with 3:39 left. Hills layup preceded a deep 3-pointer from Bryant, with the shot clock running down, that made it 101-92 with just under two minutes remaining. Ginobili then scored six points during a 9-0 run to end regulation and send it to overtime. He had a chance to win the game, though, but split a pair of free throws with 6.8 seconds left to tie the game at 101-101. Bryant was double-teamed by Boris Diaw and Danny Green in the closing seconds, and his jumper was off the mark. Joseph corralled the rebound with 1.2 seconds left, the Spurs called a timeout, but Duncans turnaround was long. Young scored seven points during a 9-1 run to close the third quarter and give the Lakers an 86-75 lead entering the fourth. The teams were tied at 25-25 after 12 minutes, but the Lakers managed to take a 54-50 lead at the half. Game Notes San Antonio is now 10-1 when scoring 100-plus points ... Spurs Kawhi Leonard missed the contest with a hand injury ... Hill had 14 points and 10 rebounds in the win ... Boozer and Jeremy Lin finished with 14 points apiece for LA, with Boozer grabbing 13 rebounds ... Green had 19 points for the Spurs ... The Lakers made 50 percent of their 3-point attempts and scored 25 points off 19 turnovers. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości